Our Love Story-Part 1

My husband and I have been married for a little over a year and I wanted to record our love story. Many aspects of it sound incredible and  I was a bit afraid to publish it online. However, it always encouraged me when I was single to read the real love stories of fellow Christians. God can work in amazing ways when He brings people together. I am so blessed to be able to share how He worked in our lives and fashioned our relationship. 
Read Part 2

A Gift From Above
The Love Story of David and Lexi
Part 1
Our love story began over 27 years before we married, when my mother began praying for my future husband. I was only a baby but my mother always pictured him to be an older child when she prayed for him. (It turned out that David is 8 years my senior.) As I grew up I had many struggles with clinical anxiety. I always knew that I was different, that I had unusual struggles, and that if I married, I would need a very unique individual. In my early twenties my health really began to improve. My parents have always been my biggest champions and they helped me to reach the goals I set for myself. By God’s grace I experienced such a joyful season of doing things many of my peers had been doing for years. I had a beautiful, fulfilling time of it! It was during this period that people from my church began to comment to my family that I was a different person. I was so much more confident and happy.

When you have previously not had the health to do somewhat “normal” things, finally being able to do them feels like the highest form of freedom. Consequently, I was not as concerned about meeting “the ONE” as some of my peers. To say however that I did not pray about it or desire it would be a fat lie. In truth, I had always wanted to be a wife and mother. However, I did not want to be discontent with my amazing, restored life. I had seen so many friends struggle with waiting for their “future someone” that I avoided admitting that I struggled too. I wish now I had been a bit more open about it to them.

In the summer of 2017 I went to our church’s family camp and came home knowing that God wanted me to do something. I never heard a voice or saw a vision, but I knew that God wanted me to get involved with a greater community of believers. Since I went to a very small church, that meant I needed to find a Bible study or Saturday night service somewhere else. After trying one independent Bible study, I ended up attending the Saturday night service of a medium-sized church. I really enjoyed it, and my sister soon started attending as well. It was during this time that my heart really began to change. Many aspects of my life, which had previously been fulfilling, were suddenly not important to me anymore. I felt a large gap in my life, a gap that had previously not been there. I got very depressed that Christmas and struggled into the new year. In my soul I was deeply yearning for a romantic relationship.  

In late January of 2018 my sister and I headed into the Saturday night service as usual. However, things did not go as planned. When we went to our normal seats we found that someone else was sitting there. We were rather incredulous. Everyone knew that THESE were OUR seats. We settled on sitting directly behind the fellow who stole our spot. Thus for an entire service I stared at the brown-hair of my future husband. By the end of the service I had noticed two things.  Firstly, this man was the only man I’d seen taking sermon notes at this church.  Secondly, I loved his hair.  (Please don’t ask me what the sermon was about. I don't think I knew at the time!)

I am not a shy person and so I determined that if he turned my way, I’d introduce myself. He did turn my way. I did introduce myself. It was then that my sister and I found out that his name was David and that he usually attended the Sunday morning service at 11am. We also found out that he had come tonight because nachos were being served. He had switched services to get nachos – good man. When we walked away, my sister, Emily, turned to me and asked if we were staying for nachos. I said no. She stated that we were staying now. Emily tried for the rest of the night to get me to talk to him. I refused because I felt I had done my part in gaining an introduction. My poor, shy sister was thus forced to start a conversation with David. It was a true sign of her love for me because Emily hates talking to strangers. Eventually I was able to glide into the conversation and Emily left us alone. When we drove home that evening I told her point blank, “I like him! I would date him.”

I hope you enjoyed part one of my love story! I will try to get part two written before too long!
With Love,
-Lexi



Comments

Popular Posts