Baby Girl Things

Craigslist find: A Jenny Lind high chair which had been painted“farmhouse style”. I absolutely adore it.

Well, the summer flew by for me, and I am gearing up for the arrival of my first-born in about 5 weeks! My husband and I have been increasingly aware of how "real" our reality feels, and how our daughter will be soon with us. At the beginning of our pregnancy, it was more of an abstract concept, "We are expecting a baby.", now it is more concrete, "WE ARE EXPECTING A BABY!". 

So much has been happening as we prepare for our little girl, (hello moving houses!) that I wanted to take a brief break from the crazy-busy stuff, and share some calming, creative things. 

1. I made a maternity dress (with matching mask of course!) which served me so well during the summer months. 
It is a simple pull over style, with a high elastic waist, and soft ruffled tiers. Soft, floaty fabrics were a win for this expectant mama during July and August.

2. My mother did my hair for our drive-by baby shower.
The flowers were a gift from my dear friend Samantha.
I absolutely adore how it turned out.

3. Speaking of the drive-by shower, it was such a hit! My family and I had such a blast decorating a tent along our front drive. So many precious friends and family members stopped by and we actually had time to visit with most of them.

4. My wedding ring doesn’t fit right now, so I put it on a necklace chain. I then added a gold baby ring that belonged to my husband as an infant. I plan to pass on the chain and baby ring to our daughter when she is older.

5. A Mother’s Day wreath I made for my mom, and which will now adorn the nursery!

Currently, I am focusing on finishing the nursery decor, and I will hopefully get a blog post or video tour of the room when it is complete.

xoxo
Lexi

Comments

  1. Wow, everything looks lovely, including you! And I love your daughter's name.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts