A New Mother’s View of Her Own Mother



As I prepare to become a mother I’ve begun to realize just how arduous the task could, and probably will, be.
I knew before that motherhood wasn’t a walk in the park, but now I know.
Having a small human growing inside of me has brought home the very real responsibility that will be (and is now), mine.
I have also started to see my own mother with new and enlightened eyes.
I am rather in awe of her.
The type of awe that thinks she should be inducted into a hall of fame.
I thought I appreciated her before, now I don’t think I did her justice.
I used to acknowledge her good points, and also some faults.
There were things that annoyed me, things I wish she had done differently.
Now, I am noticing just how MUCH she did right, just how much she sacrificed and endured for my sake.
It is humbling.
The task of motherhood is hard and long. I was so blessed to have a mother like mine!

My prayer is that this experience will change my perspective of other relationships in my life.
I want to truly live in a state of gratitude towards my family.
I want to appreciate them in a deeper, fuller way.

Lord, please help me do so.

Comments

Popular Posts