Sewing a Blessing Gown

My sweet Rose was dedicated to God in April and here are some pictures of her gown I made.
The gown was inspired by Christening gowns from by-gone eras.
The main overdress was cut from a large lace dress I thrifted for $7. I love reusing and recycling materials.
The original dress had a large ruffle which I kept for the hem of Rose’s gown.
The top of the overdress is akin to a pinafore.
The back simply consists of lace straps.

The undergown is the only part of her ensemble I did not sew. It was a family heirloom from my husband’s family. His mother wore it as a baby-isn’t that amazing? I LOVE family history!
I sewed pantaloons from delicate white cotton to match the heirloom underdress.
My favorite aspect of the outfit was probably the bonnet. I sewed this from an old lace shirt-which was also thrifted.
I added ribbons along the sides which cascaded down gracefully.
It was beautiful and also looked great paired with her Easter dress this year.
Hope you enjoyed this!
xoxo 
Lexi

Comments

Popular Posts